10 Reasons for Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance… A want or a need?
We believe travel insurance is a necessary purchase for all travelers. Here are 10 reasons why.
1. Sh** happens and you need to cancel your trip. Life is unpredictable and no one can deny that. No matter what the circumstance, we are here to tell you that life can take a swing at you and trips get cancelled. It is more common than you might think. You don’t want to have to pay for a trip you didn’t take.
2. Your flight gets cancelled. No airline is perfect, unfortunately. And no one can change the weather. (at least for now) Many things can cause a plane to not take off but with travel insurance you can be on the next flight out at little to no cost.3. You lose your passport or other legal documents. You think it’s in your pocket. You think it’s in your wallet. But you left it in the cab on the way to the airport, or at your hotel, or maybe it even got stolen. You need a quick way to get the documentation you need and that’s where the travel insurance comes to play.
4. You lose your baggage or it is delayed. We all know the dread of losing your bags. Maybe they were transferred on your connecting flight. Most luggage takes about 4 to 5 days to be returned to its owner. With travel insurance it may be returned to you as fast as the next day. If it’s stolen you may be entitled to reimbursements.
5. Natural Disaster. Hurricanes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters can be a huge damper on the family vacation. Whether it hits before your vacation or during, it can be devastating. travel insurance can assure that you get to safety or are taken care of if your trip is interrupted.
6. Terrorist Attack. We would hope you would never be nearby a terrorist attack but in the circumstance you are it is likely that nearby airports would be shut down. Travel insurance would get you home quickly and safely.
7. You get sick on your trip and need an immediate medical attention. It is actually very common that travelers get sick or injured while abroad. Especially being in a foreign country it can be hard to know how and where to get emergency medical treatment.
8. Forgot your prescriptions? Left your daily medicine or your inhaler at home? Not good. It can be hard to find a pharmacy that carries what you need and accepts your medical insurance in a foreign country.
9. You want to go on an excursion tour. Say you want to go on a safari or go dive with sharks or check a few things off of your bucket list. A lot of those bucket list item agencies require travel insurance.
10. Peace of Mind.