Pacific Beach or “PB” as the locals call it, is known for its undeniable endless summer vibes. If you are visiting PB there are always events taking place no matter the time of year and if you want to experience PB like the locals there are a few events you should be aware of.
The first is the Tuesday night farmer’s market. This is a weekly event that both locals and visitors to PB, Mission Beach, Bird Rock, and more come together to enjoy the unbelievable fruits, vegetables, pastries, flowers, arts and crafts, and much more. Come and shop for groceries while enjoying the live music, tasty food and socializing with neighbors. This event takes place rain or shine every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 7:00pm.
Another local favorite is the Pacific Beach Holiday Celebration. This event features a San Diego Santa Run, though many Santas choose to walk, a Pacific Beach Holiday Parade and a Christmas Celebration of Crystal Pier with a beautifully decorated and lit Christmas tree. The celebration usually begins at about 10:00 am with the Santa Run. The run is a 5k but like I mentioned earlier, some of the Santas, the ones full of cookies and milk, turn the run into a fun walk with friends. The Pacific Beach Holiday Parade begins promptly at 1:00 pm and the theme changes year by year. The community celebrates with floats, local school bands, and Santa. The event takes place on Garnet Avenue between Haines and Bayard and is free of charge.
Another up and coming event is our summer Pacific Beach Concerts On The Green. These concerts will take place on Sundays, July through August, from 4:00 to 6:30pm at Kate Sessions Park. Check out PBConcertsOnTheGreen for more information.
Another Pacific Beach “event” we feel you should know about are our favorite weekly happy hours, karaoke nights, and other 21+ activities. Taco Tuesdays, some might say, are almost more popular here in Pacific Beach than the typical Friday night.
A few of our favorite deals are :
- All you can eat Tacos for $5 and 2-for-1 drinks @ Cabo Cantina and PB Cantina. Both are located on Garnet Ave.
- $2.50 Local Beer Night @ Duck Dive. Located on Mission Blvd.
- $3.50 House Margaritas and $1.25 Street Tacos / $2 Shrimp Tacos at Fat Fish. Located on Mission Blvd.
- Wine Down Wednesday 3PM-Close, 50% off bottles of wine, $2 off glasses, $7 craft cocktails, live acoustic & more @ Backyard Kitchen & Tap. Located on Garnet Ave.
- Wednesday Night Goldfish Races with $4 Jameson, Absolut, & Olmeca Altos Silver. $5 16oz Kona Castaway.